SPL is looking for new junior sales consultants for our Johannesburg based team, as well as our Durban office. You will join our sales team, and be involved in growing our business. You will function in a team, in a positive, but competitive environment.
- Cold calling business customers - you will ideally have experience in this area and a track record of transforming a database into a customer list
- Quick study - understanding the business and product portfolio
- Attention to detail
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong people skills
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a commercial role
- Driven: Has a sense of urgency and a need to accomplish the task at hand
- Confident: Believes in own abilities and can handle rejection
- Outgoing: Projects a great first impression and is energized by social interactions
- Assertive: Effectively controls interactions and doesn’t cave in easily
- Funny: Engages customer emotions, is likeable and memorable
- Structured: Leads the customer through the process, is organized and follows through
- Relational: Cares about the person, not just the sale; effectively identifies customer needs
- Focused: Doesn’t get sidetracked; knows the final destination
Notice that openers (cold callers with an ability to build relationships) and closers (sales people that sell successfully) are both driven and confident. However, successful openers must also be outgoing, assertive and funny, while closers must be structured, relational and focused.
- Knowledge and Experience in IT industry would be a big plus
- Must have references
- Additional languages are a plus
- Any courses / diplomas / degrees / internships would be an added bonus, particularly those showcasing your people skills
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter explaining your motivation and why you'd be great in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email subject should be "Sales Consultant - JHB" (or DBN for the Durban based opportunity).
We look forward to hearing from you, and building your career together.